Friday 15 July 2016

With Heart- 2nd July Challenge

 

Hello everyone, Gypsy here with the second challenge of the month which is all about hearts. Hearts are such a versatile motif on a scrapbook page or card. And can be used in most situations. This month I am challenging you to do something a little different than the usual with hearts.

Maybe you could go big- and take up most of a page with a heart. Or use a heart in your title like the iconic I♥NY. Form a heart shaped frame with buttons or ribbon around your main photo or form a string art heart with brads and twine as a feature on your page. Whatever your heart desires with hearts.

I decided to go with little and lots on my page...


 I've punched multiple hearts and added them in lines that lead the eye down to my photos. I've them stitched them down to give them directionality. This is a great page for using up your scraps- the largest piece of patterned paper on my page is about 3x15cm.

Here's a few photos of my process....


The little Xyron 150 sticker maker is perfect for this task. I fed my punched hearts in and they were ready to stick down no fussing with glue! Tweezers were also an essential tool for dealing with these little things.


I started in the middle of my page trying to be as random as possible. And worked my way out to the sides. I just 'eye-balled' the distance between the lines- I didn't want it to be perfect as I think it would have added a bit of formality to the page- which I wanted to keep fun and playful.


 Once all my hearts were in place I stitched each line down with my sewing machine before adding the rest of the page elements.

Supplies used: Bazzill Basics Cardstock, Basic Grey Lemonade: Saltwater Taffy, Sun Dress, Frosted Berry, Lime Cooler, Pretty Petals. Flowers: Kaiser Resin Blossoms, Green Tara 6cm, 4cm, 2cm, and 4.5cm Primula, Stickers: Cocoa Vanilla Free Spirit  Bling: Kaisercraft Rhinestones Antique Rose Paint: Kaisercraft White and red, Lace: Maya Rd Vintage Trim Baby Pompom, Washi Tape: Hambly Set 4


Go scrapbook your heart out!
 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

2 comments: