Friday 18 March 2016

March Cyber Crop


Harmony Day is held every year on 21 March to coincide with the United Nations International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
The message of Harmony Day is everyone belongs. It’s a day to celebrate Australia’s diversity – a day of cultural respect for everyone who calls Australia home!


Come join us for a Cyber Crop inspired by Harmony Day!


Challenge #1  
Hi Donna posting on behalf of Gypsy.

Gypsy would like you use patterns from 
culture another inspire your scrapbook page-  Here is a gathering of possible suggestions- feel free to use your own!
You can doodle, stamp or paper piece or what ever your create mind can come up with! 

Here are some sample to get you started....

Japanese cultural patterns











 Maori



or try googling Mexican, Irish, or where your family history is from.  Patterns are found in a culture's architecture, artwork and even in their jewelry.

Here's my take on this challenge, for my page I've let the  Australia Aboriginal Dot painting inspire me to create this background...


Challenge #2  

Hi :)  It's Kathy here.  
Orange has been the Harmony Day colour since the first day was held in 1999.
So my challenge is to use the colour orange on your page. 

It can be a tricky colour to use I think.  I have used it here as an accent colour and it's in my photos too.  You don't have to make a completely orange page, but kudos to you if you can make that work :)





I didn't have any orange papers so I decided to stencil some Distress Ink onto Bazzill Basic white card. 
I actually just made a little stencil of my own by punching different sized circles out from a piece of card.  Then I stencilled some stars over the top with embossing paste.

I used two different Thickers and Basic Grey - Micro Monograms : pink for the titles.
The orange strip at the bottom, the ticket, "hey girl" and "you are amazing" are all from Pink Paislee's Hey Kid Elements stickers.  The bird and flower are from Doodlebug Hello Spring Cardstock Stickers.

I hope you'll join us and make a page using one of our Harmony Day challenges.

Challenge #3  

Hi Donna here, for my challenge,  I'm taking inspiration from the fact that we here in Australia have such a diverse multicultural culture


So, where is this leading you ask.... My challenge is to use a non-English word, or words, on your layout.  It can be a title, or just a word, it's up to you!

Google translator comes in very handy if, like me, you don't know another language!...



(umm.... wish I noticed how crooked my photo was before I uploaded it!!..lol..)

Hope you have fun with these challenges.  We'd love to see your take on each one in our gallery.
You have a week plus to upload your creations into the correct gallery. 

Due date Sunday, 27th March - Midnight

**All layouts entered must be created for this CC.

We will be giving away 1 shopping voucher valued at $20.00, and each entry receives 1 ticket into the draw.....enter all three challenges and you get 3 chances to win!

We will also have a surprise prize!!  Our DT members will chose their favourite over-all layout and I will send that lucky person a surprise in the mail.

Happy Scrapping.
Mystical Team

No comments:

Post a Comment